Web, iOS, Android
From the Web
When a teacher or school leader creates a class, they automatically become the owner or "admin" of the class. The owner of a class is the only teacher that can transfer ownership to another teacher and the only one that can add or remove co-teachers in the class settings. The "admin" or owner of the class can easily transfer their class to another teacher, who has a ClassDojo account, via the website.
In order to transfer a class:
- You must be the class owner
- The individual you'd like to transfer to must also be a verified member of your school
- The individual you'd like to transfer to must already be a co-teacher (Learn more about sharing a class here)
Transfer your Class:
- Log into the website
- Find the class you'd like to transfer and click on the class name in your class menu on the left. Once the class is open, click on "Options" in the upper right corner and select “Edit Class.” Then click on the "Teacher" tab.
- Under "Co-teachers," find the teacher you'd like to own the class and click on the downward arrow
- Select "Make Owner"
You're all set! The class has a new owner, and now you have become a co-teacher in the class. If you'd like to leave the shared class once this is complete, please see instructions on how to leave here.
Can't find what you're looking for? Check out our video tutorials and webinars here!
Still have questions? Get in touch! Email us at email@example.com
Transferring a class to another teacher is easy on the web! This feature is not currently available on the ClassDojo iOS app.