Web, iOS, Android
From the Web
When a teacher or school leader creates a class, they automatically become the owner or "admin" of the class. The owner of a class is the only teacher that can transfer ownership to another teacher and the only one that can add or remove co-teachers in the class settings. The "admin" or owner of the class can easily transfer their class to another teacher, who has a ClassDojo account, via the website.
In order to transfer a class:
- You must be the class owner
- The individual you'd like to transfer to must also be a verified member of your school
- The individual you'd like to transfer to must already be a co-teacher (Learn more about sharing a class here)
Transfer your Class:
- Log into the website
- Find the class you'd like to transfer and click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the tile and select “Add co-teachers.” Note: Don't open the class, just click on the gear icon on the class tile of your dashboard to access the drop-down menu
- Under "Co-teachers," find the teacher you'd like to own the class and click on the downward arrow
- Select "Make Owner"
You're all set! The class has a new owner, and you're set as a co-teacher. If you'd like to leave the shared class once this is complete, please see instructions on how to leave here.
Can't find what you're looking for? Check out our video tutorials and webinars here!
Still have questions? Get in touch! Email us at email@example.com
Transferring a class to another teacher is easy on the web! This feature is not currently available on the ClassDojo iOS app.