We’re here to help and support you as you make the transition to a remote learning community. The great news is that there is SO much you can do to support your students and continue the learning outside of the classroom. This video gives a great overview of the top features you can use in a remote learning environment:
Here are a few ways you are already set up for success with your ClassDojo account…
Use Class Story for remote learning by...
- Recording up to 8-minutes in video lessons
- Posting announcements, challenges, and text updates
- Sharing links to learning sites to keep students practicing their skills
- Uploading attachments like worksheets and other printables for families to complete at home
- Sharing photos of curriculum or whatever, just to keep your kiddos feeling connected ;)
- Creating an Event and get your entire class together at the same time! Meet digitally through Zoom or Google Hangouts
Portfolios is a digital portfolio that allows students to share with their teachers and family! Students can add to their portfolio using Chromebooks, laptops, and iOS/Android devices, even from home. Teachers can view and approve student work on Portfolios using any device. Once approved, only parent accounts connected to their student can see those particular posts and both parents and teachers can leave positive feedback in the form of a like and/or comments.
Use Portfolios for remote learning by...
- Sharing Activities to assign projects directly to student devices to which students can respond
- Encouraging students to create and upload photos, videos, drawings, and journal entries to share their learning experiences
- Allowing students to upload Microsoft Office files, PDFs, and image files of their work and submit voice recordings to explain their thinking
Learn more about how students can create a ClassDojo account and start uploading to their Portfolio here!
Messaging allows you to communicate with every family in your classroom, no matter where they are. Available on the web and iOS/Android devices, it allows you to send messages, photos, stickers, and voice notes to parents (without giving out your phone number). Your classroom community will feel at ease being able to reach out to you with automatic translations in over 35+ languages.
Use Messaging for remote learning by...
- Sharing updates with families in individual messages or with all parents via announcements
- Scheduling messages to remind families to complete nightly reading or other remote learning activities
- Simply checking in on families to see how they’re doing with the transition to a remote learning environment
School Story allows you to share photos, videos, files, announcements, and events with every family connected to your school on ClassDojo. This private, secure feed allows you to keep everyone updated on school closures and other important announcements with automatic translation into over 35 languages.
Use School Story for remote learning by…
- Sharing school-wide announcements to keep everyone informed (and see how many parents viewed your post)
- Creating events like digital townhalls to allow families to connect with the school via Zoom or Google Hangouts
- Uploading attachments like newsletters and other printables families may when they can’t access school to pick them up
So, what’s next? We’re here to help! Check out this article with creative ways to host a remote learning community and feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org - we would be happy to help!