When you create a class you are automatically made the owner of the class. As the class owner, you can share it with other teachers at your school by inviting them to connect to the class as a co-teacher.
*Please note: For teachers, if they are a co-teacher in a class, they cannot add other co-teachers, but School Leader, and those with the Admin role, can add any verified teacher as a co-teacher to any class listed in the Directory.
Here’s how to share a class from your School Leader account:
- On your account’s dashboard, select the class you wish to share under “My Classes”
- Select “Options” in the upper right-hand corner and then “Add co-teachers” from the drop-down menu
- Type the email of the teacher you want to share with, or find their name in the verified teacher list below the entry line and click "Invite"
- The teacher you invite will receive an email asking them to accept the invite by clicking on the "Accept" link, or by logging into the website and clicking on the "Accept” button on the class tile that will appear on their account dashboard
Note: If your colleague doesn't receive your invitation to share your class, please double-check the sharing screen and confirm that it says "Connection Pending.” This means they should see an invitation to share on their ClassDojo dashboard, so they can check there instead of using the email. If it says "Invitation Sent," you've entered an email address for your colleague that isn't linked to their ClassDojo account, so instead of receiving an invitation to share your class, they'll receive an invitation to join ClassDojo.
Co-teachers are able to:
- Award points to students in the class under their name
- View and print student reports
- Reset point bubbles
- Use ClassDojo Messaging with all connected parents privately
- Add, edit, and delete students
- Post to the Class Story under their name
- View and approve students’ Portfolio posts
Teachers connected to your class will not be able to:
- Send ClassDojo Messages under your name or see your private messages
- Invite other teachers to your class
Note: Any changes made to a shared class will affect all users. For example, if one co-teacher resets the point bubbles, it will reset the bubbles for all users.
Can't find what you're looking for? Check out our video tutorials and webinars here!
Still have questions? Get in touch! Email us at email@example.com