If you have created a class that you wish to share with other teachers at your school, you can do this very easily on the ClassDojo website.
Please note: You can only share a class you have created. If you need a teacher to share their class with you, please see this tutorial.
Here’s how to share a class from your School Leader account:
- On your account’s dashboard, select the class you wish to share under “My Classes”
- Select “Options” in the upper right hand corner and then “Add co-teachers” from the drop-down menu
- Type the email of the teacher you want to share with, or find their name in the verified teacher list below the entry line and click "Invite"
- The teacher you invite will receive an email asking them to accept the invite by clicking on the "Accept" link, or by logging into the website and clicking on the "Accept” button on the class tile that will appear on their account dashboard
Note: If your colleague doesn't receive your invitation to share your class, please double-check the sharing screen and confirm that it says "Connection Pending.” This means they should see an invitation to share on their ClassDojo dashboard, so they can check there instead of using the email. If it says "Invitation Sent," you've entered an email address for your colleague that isn't linked to their ClassDojo account, so instead of receiving an invitation to share your class, they'll receive an invitation to join ClassDojo.
Teachers connected to your class will be able to:
- Award points to students in the class under their name
- View and print student reports
- Reset point bubbles
- Use ClassDojo Messaging with all connected parents privately
- Add, edit, and delete students
- Post to the Class Story under their name
- View and approve students’ Portfolio posts
Teachers connected to your class will not be able to:
- Send ClassDojo Messages under your name
- Connect other teachers to your class
Note: Any changes made to a shared class will affect all users. For example, if one co-teacher resets the point bubbles, it will reset the bubbles for all users.