Principals, Vice Principals, and other School Leaders can have access to classes in their school listing by having teachers share their classes with them.
When a teacher shares their class with a School Leader, the School Leader will be able to:
- Award points to students in the class under their name
- View and print student reports
- Reset point bubbles
- Use ClassDojo Messaging with all connected parents privately
- Add, edit, and delete students
- Post to the Class Story under their name
- View and approve students’ Portfolio posts
- School leaders can see a list of other classes they aren't connected to at the bottom of the left side class menu under the heading "Browse Other Classes". School leaders can then click on the class and click on the "Request to Join" button which will then notify the class owner that they would like to join the class as a co-teacher.
- Having access to the class will not give you access to a teacher’s private messages with parents in the class
- Any changes made to a shared class will affect all users. For example, if one co-teacher resets the point bubbles, it will reset the bubbles for all users
School Leaders will see all of their own classes and classes shared with them listed on the left side of the screen under “My Classes.”
Below is a step-by-step guide you can pass to your teachers on how to share a class with you! You can also share this tutorial.
Setting Up a Class Share:
- Log in to the website (you cannot share or accept shares from the app)
- Find the class you want to share and click the gear icon in the top right corner of the class tile
- Select "Add co-teachers"
- Type the email address your School Leader’s ClassDojo account is under, or find their name in the verified teacher list below the entry line and click "Invite"
- The School Leader you invite will receive an email asking them to accept the invite by clicking on the "Accept" link, or they can log into the website and click on the "Accept” button on the class tile that will have appeared on their account dashboard
Please Note: If your colleague doesn't receive your invitation to share your class, please double-check the sharing screen and confirm that it says "Connection Pending." This means they should see an invitation to share on their ClassDojo dashboard so they can check there. If it says "Invitation Sent," you've entered an email address for your colleague that isn't linked to their ClassDojo account, so the invitation won't appear in the account when they log in.
Can't find what you're looking for? Check out our video tutorials and webinars here!
Still have questions? Get in touch! Email us at email@example.com