As an industry leader in keeping student data private and secure, we constantly audit our site to ensure that we use the very best security and privacy practices. We want to ensure that no matter what, every child under the age of 13 has parental consent to create an online student account (in the US, this falls under COPPA).
This means that even if a parent has signed up for a parent account, they still need to take the extra step to approve their student having a separate account.
There are two ways to quickly approve a student account:
From a students account:
- Login to your student account at student.classdojo.com
- Click on the link that says "Update parent email address"
- Enter the parent email address
- Once parents receive this email, they can click on the link and confirm their approval.
From a parent account:
- Login to your parent account onthe web at home.classdojo.com
- Click on the green button at the top of the page
- A popup will appear that will allow you to confirm the student account
Students will then have full access to all information within their accounts.